It’s been awhile since I’ve checked in with my goals, so let’s see how I’m doing.
- Be debt free: FINISHED!! I completed this at the end of August; 4 months ahead of schedule. 🙂
- Try 5 new recipes: I have tried 3 recipes. Well, more like concoctions. I’ve made mashed potatoes, taco salad, and my version of crab rangoons. I can’t always find the ingredients I need, or if I do, they are very pricey. As a result, I do my best to find a suitable substitute. I really miss the variety of food options that American stores have.
- Read 20 Books: I’ll have to double check, but I believe I’ve already accomplished this. If not, I’m very close. Checked: I’m at 18 books read so far.
- 6 Adventures: I’m up to 3 adventures, I think. I know I’ve been on a couple of mini-adventures.
- Make 10 Videos: Completed.
- Write 10 Blog Posts: Completed.
- Save 2 Mil Won: Fail. I did save 1 mil won to go towards fixing up my teeth, but I haven’t saved any extra past that and probably won’t for awhile since other financial goals are taken priority.
- Travel out of the country: Fail. I decided to focus the money on getting out of debt and then saving for a much needed visit back home to take care of some stuff. I’d originally only planned to live in Korea for a year, but I’ll be starting my 3rd contract in Feb 2018 and need to take care of some stuff that’s expiring. Plus, I really miss home.
- Work Out More: Fail. While I did workout a few times this year, I would stop about two weeks in. I’ll continue this goal next year. I found a life hack that may help with working out.
- Draw/Create 6 Art Works: Fail. I’ve only drawn one full Draxl picture picture and two unfinished ones.
I follow Double Debt Single Woman’s blog and she always gives herself a grade for how well she’s completed her yearly goals. Following her lead, for this year I give myself a B- at best. It’s amazing that I finally completed a 4 year long goal and became debt free this past August, but I failed in many other goals. I’ve been thinking carefully about the goals I want to set in 2018 and hopefully I’ll be more motivated to accomplish them.
How was your 2017?